What is Tattoo Scarring?
It is necessary to understand that every tattoo has scarring – because the very process of tattooing is to bruise the skin and puncture the layers to get the ink in into the body. That is why a tattoo is treated like a wound and tattoo healing and proper tattoo care becomes important. Keeping that in mind, tattoo ‘scarring’ (as opposed to normal tattooing) occurs when the tattoo artist digs the needle a little too deep into the skin or exerts excess force while tattooing. It therefore causes damage.
- Aloe Vera is one of the most natural and herbal remedies that you can make use of for minimizing tattoo scarring.
- Cut out a part of the leaf and collect the sap that flows out.
- Use this sap directly onto the tattoo and spread evenly.
- Aloe has a very soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
- Keep the sap in place till it dries completely, then wash off and pat dry.
- Use this at least 4-5 times a day.
- This will prevent itching, making the puffiness worse, and in time will heal the scar.