Friday, April 29, 2011
Tribal Tattoo- An Appealing Body Art
Tribal tattoo designs have always been an integral part of the tattoo world. A unisex pattern, tribal tattoo art is derived from different tribal regions.
Tribal tattoo designs are undoubtedly the most popular tattoo patterns that have been in existence since ages. Refined and modified over the years, these tattoo patterns are hot favorites of scores of tattoo enthusiasts. Derived from the tribal art and traditions of different tribal regions, the tribal tattoos generally depict abstract or complex patterns that look very fascinating.
Inspired by the tribal art that was prevalent amongst different tribes, the tribal tattoos are have been classified into different categories that bear their origin to the relevant tribes. Following are some of the classifications:
1. One of the most popular tribal designs is the Celtic tattoos. The art is said to be influenced from the Celtic tribe that broadly includes tribal people living in Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The patterns generally depict loops and knots with no ends. Animal tattoo designs also form a part of these Celtic designs.
2. Maoris tribal art or ‘Moko’ designs are derived from the Maoris tribe that includes tribal people native to New Zealand. These tribal tattoos were used by the then tribes to show their prestige or transition from one social status to another. The Moko tribal tattoos are highly alluring patterns that can be worn to adorn ones skin.
3. Some of the tribal tattoo designs are inspired from the North American tribal art. The tribes used certain symbols like weapons or tools for denoting their rank within the tribe. These tattoo designs though less prevalent today and if used, are presented in different forms.
4. The Samoa tribal art has also contributed to the tattoo world. However, this tribal art is different from the today’s tattooing form. The tribes used a sharp tool made of a boar tusk to create a deep wound in the skin. The wound was then healed by rubbing candle nut soot and sugar water into the flesh. This left permanent scar on the skin.
5. One of the tribes significantly influencing the tribal tattoo designs is the African tribes. The African tribal tattoo art is still prevalent in the tribal regions of Africa. The method they use for creating tattoos is really a very painful one. They cut the skin and then rub ash or sand on it until the wound rises up.
6. Borneo tribal art also contributed to the tribal tattoo design spectrum. However, the concept of tattooing was very different in the Borneo tribes. They believed that the creatures tattooed on their skin helped them draw energy and hence it was very sacred to them.
Tribal tattoo designs are attractive body arts that can be inked on any part of the body. Whether you want to convey some strong message or simply wish to adorn your skin, these tribal tattoos are perfect tattoo designs that are always in vogue.
Posted by fitono at 4:46 PM